St. Louis Bosnians, Inc. in partnership with Federation on Balkan American Associations is happy to introduce Summer Abroad 2013 programs offered by Federation of Balkan American Associations.
REGISTER FOR FREE INFO SESSION:
In order to be eligible for participation in FEBA’s summer programs for the 2013 year applicants must be:
- Full time undergraduate or graduate college students (or newly graduated) not older than 35 years of age,
- US or Canadian citizens of Balkan origin (or legally documented US residents of Balkan origin),
- Exceptional English speaking skills (Native English speaker)
4401 Hampton Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63109
FEBA’s Teach and Travel program offers volunteers the chance to gain International teaching experience by teaching ESL (English as a second language) to students in countries abroad. This year, FEBA’s Teach and Travel program consists of three parts: Trip, Training and Teaching.
- Trip: Participants will begin their Teach and Travel program with a full 3 day trip. This trip will let participants see some of the most famous sites of the country they are teaching in.
- Training: Training consists of an extensive 2 day program where participants will be provided with the necessary materials and information to teach at their respective educational institutions. Various classroom topics will be taught such as making lesson plans, effective classroom discipline, testing/examinations, cultural differences in the classroom and more. Training is mandatory for all participants.
- Teaching: Upon receiving the adequate training, participants will move to their designated city where the educational institution they will be teaching at is located. Teaching will span a total of 20 days and consists of 6 day work weeks.
* Teaching locations will be decided AT THE END of the training session!
The FEBA Work Internship program is a full-time (30 hour) International Internship spanning a total of 20 days and offering participants the opportunity to receive practical work experience abroad. The work internship is offered in a variety of sectors allowing participants to choose a field which best suits their major or degree. FEBA will do its best to provide participants with a relevant placement in some of the most well-known and prestigious companies abroad. Wok Internships are offered in the following sectors:
- Business and Finance
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- IT & Communications
- Media and Journalism
- Governance and Criminal Justice
- Health and Medicine
- Fashion and Textile Industry
The NGO Internship consists of two parts:
- Workshops and Seminars: Discussing the logic behind the NGO idea, Volunteerism – the meaning of volunteering, How to ensure sustainability in the sense of volunteerism and dedication, What are the incentives and barriers of dedication, Personal Excellence.
- NGO Visits: The FEBA NGO Internship allows participants the opportunity to examine, through visits and seminars, practical examples of successful non-governmental organizations. They will be given the opportunity to better understand the process of starting and running an NGO as well as learn about the development and growth processes involved. The internship includes visiting numerous NGOs in person, including their facilities, branches, and will be given the chance to participate in some of their events.
* Attendance to the NGO Internship is limited and candidates who will be able to attend this program will be decided AFTER the interview process.
One round trip airfare ticket will be covered by FEBA per participant. However, participants will be responsible to pay the airfare taxes of $350.00 USD (US Dollar). US passport holders will also be required to pay a $20.00 USD visa fee at the airport upon entry into Turkey. Visas are eligible for a total of 90 days.
Participants will be given the choice of flying from one of the following airports (cities):
- New York City
- Los Angeles
- Washington DC
Participants will be responsible for arranging all travel to and from these airports, as well as any and all related expenses.
Accommodations will be provided by the educational institution or company/organization of internship.
Due to the fact that housing is provided, participants are required to abide by housing rules:
- Housing is NOT “co-ed”,
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited,
- There is a “no guest” policy.
Teach & Travel and Internship 2013
Teach and Travel
|Packet 1 (Work or NGO Internship + 3 weeks Teach and Travel)|
|Packet 2 (Work or NGO Internship + 3 weeks Teach and Travel + NGO Internship)|
|Packet 3 (3 weeks Teach and Travel)|
|Packet 4 (3 weeks Teach and Travel + NGO Internship)|
|Packet 5 (Work or NGO Internship + 4 weeks Teach and Travel)||May 20||June 8|
|Packet 6 (4 weeks Teach and Travel)|
|Packet 7 (Work or NGO Internship + 4 weeks Teach and Travel)||May 20||June 15|
|Packet 8 (4 weeks Teach and Travel)|
* Refer to PROGRAM DETAILS for a detailed description on each program.
**Click on the packet you are interested in for further information.
Compensation for the FEBA Summer program 2013 is as follows:
- Work Internship: Non paid internship (participants may be offered a stipend directly from their assigned institution on a case-by-case basis at that institution’s discretion)
- NGO Internship: Non paid internship
- Teach and Travel: $900.00 USD for entire program
Once you have downloaded and completed an application form, please e-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed application form
- Updated resume/CV
- English teaching certificate (where applicable)
We will review your application anf If it has been accepted you will be called for an interview.